Sinusitis Saline Wash and Sinus Pressure and Beyond

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sinusitis Saline Wash and Sinus Pressure and Beyond

Post by Admin on Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:12 pm

Sinus Pressure

Most of us, not to say all of us, at one time or another have dealt with some sinus problem. It could have been sinus: pressure, congestion, sinuvitis, excessive drainage or whatever. Since it went away or was treated successfully and did not recur often enough we do not pay much attention to it. On the other hand, others of us who have had to contend with the same sinus problems, but as an ongoing ailment that has become annoying, time consuming and expensive. But now we are cured and we do not wish to ever go back to our former misery. Is there anything we can do to keep our sinuses healthy?

Physical Exercise

For several decades now the importance of physical exercise to maintain good health has been widely accepted, usually as a way to reduce the risk of heart disease. But the same, basically, applies to the sinuses. General good health, which is promoted by exercise, helps the immune system work better, eg., to fight viruses that want to lodge in the sinuses, and other potential ailments; and make a person feel better in general.

The Answer to this Question is a Resounding Yes, We can

We must, however, remember certain things. The most important one of which is that health, whether it be with reference to our sinuses, or health in general is not something that just happens or we inherit, but something we need to work at on a regular basis. Our eating, physical exercise, relaxation and sleep habitsare the main areas of our lifestyle which, depending on how we relate to them are going to determine, to a great extent, how healthy we are going to be. Aquinas college are usually an indication that we are violating some healthy living rule(s). In other words, if we want to keep our sinuses healthy we are going to have to maintain a life style which conforms to something like this: You may say that we have included exquisite information here on Sinus Problem. This is with the intention of producing a unique article on Sinus Problem.

Relaxation Both physical, mental and emotional relaxation are necessary to keep the body and mind healthy. It is not, therefore, a waste of time to take time off everyday and deliberately change activities to do things that do not create stress, but that we enjoy and that takes the mind completely away from our regular work. This is the counterpart to our previous paragraph on Sinusitis. Please read that paragraph to get a better understanding to this paragraph.

• Sleep While night sleep requirements may vary from person to person, there is nothing wrong with taking a short nap during the day, if we can.
  • The quality, not just the quantity, is important.
  • A heavy meal, a scary late movie or heavy mental work shortly before going to bed will most likelyl not induce a good night of sleep.
  • Each of us need to assess what we need to do before we go to bed so our sleep will be sound and restful.

Eating We need to understand that food has more to do with keeping healthy than perhaps many of us realized. Large amounts of sugar are bad for us. So are dairy products. The combinations of both of them, for example, milk shakes, ice cream, are, obviously, a very sure formula for inviting sinus and possibly other health problems. Very small amounts very likely would not make much difference, at least, that's the way it is with me.

Sinus-Pressure.Jpg

Sinusitis is an infection of the mucous membranes lining the sinuses, which are present in and around the face. Sinusitis may be acute or chronic. Acute sinusitis fatigue improve on its own, but chronic sinusitis usually requires treatment.

Oral medication is advised of ghee treated with Haridra (turmeric), Musta (Cyperus rotundus), Vishwa (Zinziber officinale), Karanj (Pongamia pinnata), Renukabeej (Vitex negundo), and Yava-Kshar. Medicated ghee containing Hinga (Ferula narthex), Yava-Kshar, Deodar (Cedrus deodara) is also recommended. Failure is the stepping stone to success. So if you do fail to understand this medicamento para sinusitis, don't fret. Read it again a few times, and you are sure to finally get its meaning.

Daily process of applying medicated nasal drops such as Anu oil or Panchendriya vardhan oil (known as "Pratimarsha Nasya") is believed to prevent frequent occurrence of sinusitis. In addition, breathing exercises like Yogic Pranayam, and special procedures like the Yogic Neti, are also very useful. It is advisable to avoid known aggravating factors. Responsibility is what makes a person. So we felt it our responsibility to elaborate more on Sinuses so that not only us, but everyone knew more about it! Rolling Eyes

• Sinusitis is termed as "Dushta Pratishyaya" or "Peenas" in Ayurveda.
  • Ayurvedic treatment is effective in both the acute and chronic types of sinusitis.

For recurrent sinusitis, Ayurvedic compounds like Laghu Malini Vasant, Madhu Malini Vasant and Suvarna Malini Vasant are used along with Pippali (Piper longum). A special preparation called Chausashtha Pippali is used in a gradually increasing dose, followed by a gradually decreasing dose. Sometimes, several courses of these medicines are required. Developing a basis for this composition on Sinusitis was a lengthy task. It took lots of patience and hard work to develop.

Medicated ghee containing Chafa (Michelia champaka), Dadim (Pomegranate) flowers, Sabja (Canna edulus) leaves, Kanher (Nerium indicum) leaves, Durva (Cynodon dactylon), Haridra (turmeric) and Keshar (Crocus sativus) is used as nasal drop for obtaining immediate relief from symptoms. Wink

Procedure called "Shodhan Nasya" is used, in which medicated oil (Vacha oil, containing Acorus calamus) or Shigru (Moringa oleifera) seed powder or Madanphal (Randia spinosa) powder is put into the nostrils, after giving fomentation to the area surrounding the nose. This helps in draining the sinuses, and contributes to early recovery. For further reduction in sinus inflammation, mild medicated drops are used, such as Anu oil or Panchendriya vardhan oil. Thinking of what to do upon reading this article on Sinus Inflammation? Well you can very well use the information constructively by imparting it to others. Rolling Eyes

Dr. A. A. Mundewadi is Chief Ayurvedic Physician at Mundewadi Ayurvedic Clinic based at Thane, Maharashtra, India. He is available as an online Ayurvedic Consultant at ***** Chronic Sinusitis are alliant international university of our day-to-day life. It is only that sometimes, we are not aware of this fact!

Dr. A. A. Mundewadi, B.A.M.S., has clinical experience of 22 years and clinical research experience of 9 years. He has published his findings of herbal treatment of HIV / AIDS in 55 patients in the Bombay Hospital Journal, Mumbai, India, July 2005 issue. Reading all this about Sinusitis is sure to help you get a better understanding of Sinusitis. So make full use of the information we have provided here.

While in Europe recently, I found that I didn't need to use nasal irrigation to prevent nasal congestion. I did bring along a travel WaterPik device which I often use for this purpose when away from home, but I didn't feel the need to use it even once for the entire month we were gone. I attribute this to the higher humidity levels in Europe compared to those in Colorado where we live. Shocked

Upon returning from this latest trip I decided to purchase an inexpensive humidity gauge and put it in our bedroom to deep a closer eye on the actual levels in our sleeping environment. Right now the levels are in the 50% range, which is pretty good. We live at over 7,000 feet of elevation, and we have several windows open at night at this time of year to cool off the room. During most of the year we do use a humidifier, especially in the winter months. When the furnace is on the humidity drops quite a bit, and I will now be able to monitor the levels and make better use of a humidifier with the humidity gauge. Air conditioning will also dry out the air in a room or in an automobile, so keeping close watch of this is important for people like me who continually battle nasal congestion problems.

According to Dr

Robert Ivker, D.O., former President of the American Holistic Medical Association, the ideal level of relative humidity for sinus health is between 35-45%. I noticed in one of the hotels we stayed at in France that the humidity was in the low 70% range, and I'm sure it was at least that high at other times as well during the month. For whatever reason, this level of humidity seems to work better for my particular nasal congestion problems, and I have noticed before the general tendency of having fewer sinus problems while in Europe. We travel there fairly often as we operate tours in France. Dr. Ivker prefers to use a warm mist room humidifier which requires no filters and kills bacteria. He claims to have had good luck with Bionaire Clear Mist units. In addition to what we had mentioned in the previous paragraph, much more has to be said about Nasal Congestion. If space permits, we will state everything about it.

Normally Use Nasal Irrigation With a Saline Solution Once or Twice Per Day

It would be unthinkable to go for a month in Colorado without doing this. I would almost certainly come down with a sinus infection during this length of time, even while continuing to take my normal medication. Idea

The Device I Purchased Was an Inexpensive Combination Thermometer and Humidity Gauge

It was only about $4, but one can find digital devices with more functionality in the $20-40 range in stores like Kmart or Walmart. I would strongly recommend that people who suffer from chronic sinusitis make this small investment and keep a device to measure relative humidity in their sleep and also possibly their work environments. This simple item can be a significant tool in the regimen of all sinus sufferers to help prevent nasal congestion, especially while sleeping.

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://joshuabeasley.free-forums.tv

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top